let’s talk about self-love. when’s the last time you did something nice for yourself? drew a little bubble bath, took some “me time” to read a good book with a glass of vino, whipped yourself up a lil somethin’ sweet? it’s been a while, huh? us too. so in the spirit of practicing what we preach, we’ve rounded up a few of our favorite health(ier) chocolate treats - all guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth + your self-care quota in one fell swoop! which one will you use to #treatyoself?
[guilt-free chocolate lava cake]
serves 2 with love (or 1, twice)
¼ cup coconut oil, plus extra for ramekins
raw cacao powder, for sprinkling
½ cup dark chocolate chunks
1 egg + 1 egg yolk
1/4 cup coconut sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
2 tbsp chocolate protein powder (or raw cacao powder)
1 tbsp almond butter, divided
- wipe the insides of two ramekins with coconut oil + sprinkle with raw cacao powder to lightly coat.
- in a microwave-safe bowl, heat coconut oil + chocolate together in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring between each interval, until melted.
- beat together egg, egg yolk, coconut sugar, vanilla and salt until light + fluffy. stir in chocolate mixture + fold in protein powder (or raw cacao) until fully combined.
- fill each ramekin halfway, put almond butter in center of each, then gently pour remaining batter over the tops, filling each ramekin about 3/4 full.
- bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then cool 1 minute.
- invert onto a plate + devour immediately!
[cabernet fudge pops]
makes 4 pops
1 cup cabernet sauvignon
(a zinfandel or pinot noir will do too - here are our affordable faves)
1 ½ cups chopped dark chocolate
1 ½ cups unsweetened nut milk
- bring wine up to a simmer over medium-low heat in a small saucepan + allow it to reduce by about half, about 10-15 minutes.
- stir in the chocolate until completely smooth + melted, then stir in milk.
- pour into popsicle mold, pop in some wooden sticks + freeze overnight.
[paleo chocolate pudding]
½ an avocado
2 medjool dates
2 tsp maple syrup
½ cup coconut milk
¼ cup cacao powder
½ tsp espresso powder
1 tsp vanilla-bean powder
- in a mini food processor or blender, blend everything together until smooth, then top with your favorite fruit.
[blueberry-lavender chocolate hearts]
makes 12 hearts - perfect for sharing
¼ cup dark chocolate
2 tbsp almond butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 drop lavender oil
- melt dark chocolate, almond butter + coconut oil together in the microwave, then stir until smooth. stir in lavender oil.
- pour chocolate mixture into a silicon candy mold (we used a heart-shaped mold - because....valentine’s) placed on a cookie sheet.
- add blueberries to each candy mold + sprinkle each one with a little sea salt. freeze for 30-45 minutes + remove candies from mold.
- devour with your love, make a batch for your bestie, or show some love to your littles with this kid-friendly sweet treat! (no judging if it becomes a "one-for-them two-for-me" situation.)
[fitlosophized red wine hot chocolate]
makes 1 serving
¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
⅓ cup red wine (see our top picks)
¼ cup chopped dark chocolate
1 tsp vanilla extract
maple syrup (optional)
what do you cook up for a sweet lil' self-love treat? share in the comments!
- combine everything in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring often, until chocolate is fully melted.
- pour into a cute lil mug (we’re partial to our happy hour mug) + top as desired.
subscribe to get tips, recipes + workouts in your inbox!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.