half-way! if you’re following this 28-day crossfit kickstart program, more than likely you’re seeing some crazy results fairly quickly. so hang in there for the next few weeks – it’ll so be worth it. here’s the plan for this week:
* front squats 1 rep max, so do 5 sets of 1 rep, increasing the weight each time so you “fail” on set 5 (should be tough!)
*”nancy”: 400m run, then overhead squats for 15 reps…repeat 5 times (my legs are already quivering!)
*bench press 1 rep max, so 5 sets of 1 rep failing on the last set
*3 mile run (happily i can RUN again, no tailbone pain…love running!)
* “jackie”: 1000m row, 50 thrusters (remember from fran?…front squat followed by overhead press), 30 pull-ups (for time…go!)
* practice (meaning try for maybe 3 sets of max on each) hanging knee-ups and hanging pike leg lifts (oh i remember these from the competition…i’m scared to see if i can do them or not!)
* deadlift 1 rep max, so 5 sets of 1 rep failing on the last set
* “linda”: deadlift, bench press, power clean circuit doing the “rounds” as follows for time: 10 of each, 9 of each, 8 of each…and so on until you get to 1. for time! the site recommends that the deadlift is 1 1/2 times bodyweight but lifting 85# last time hurt my back, so i’m staying there or might try 100#…bench press should be your bodyweight and i’m not quite there again (yet) so i’m going to do 95# which i’ll probably still need a spotter for, and power cleans should be 3/4 body weight but i’m going to be doing 45#. so if i weighed oh, 70# or so i’d be doing the correct “crossfit” workout. most importantly: listen to your body! (sidenote: i go to the crossfit site to get the workout details and the nickname for linda is “3 bars of death” – oh, lovely – i’m so looking forward to this.)
*pilates!! do something active for 45 minutes to an hour…so go for a bike ride, a hike, whatever!
* overhead press 1 rep max, so 5 sets of 1 rep failing on the last set
* 30m core workout so i’ll do planks, side planks, mountain climbers on a bosu, medicine ball planks, and my fave, pikes on the exercise ball (in push-up position) and then pull the knees in…killer but effective!
sunday: off day!!
my goals nutritionally for the week will be to dial in my meals a little bit more. i’ve been super-crazed busy, so at times forgetting to eat (no, i did not know this was possible either) or just grabbing a quick snack that’s healthy but not “zone”. remember: 40% protein, 30% carbs (i.e. veggies, fruits & whole grains) and 30% fat (avocados, nuts, cheese). you may be wondering why the fat is so high but time and time again i tell people: it’s not the 90s anymore!! low-fat makes people…FAT! they jam pack those products with sugars (which is fat-free by the way) and it only confirms that fat doesn’t make you fat…sugar does. so buck up, try something new and you might get different results. i for one have leaned out already in this first 2 weeks and holy camoly i see a 6-pack people, it’s still in there!
make it a great week!
Comments will be approved before showing up.